Is it just me or anyone else think that the new Motorola Fire aka Motorola XT316, an entry level Android phone is a rip off of Palm Pixi? Check out this picture. Can you tell which one is Motorola Fire and which one is Palm Pixi (the webOS phone)?
Motorola has released a new mid-range budget oriented Android smartphone, the Fire. This fiery handset from Motorola sports a 2.8-inch screen with QVGA (240×320) resolution. The handset has a candy-bar form factor with a four-row QWERTY keyboard up front as well.
The Motorola XT316 will be marketed as Motorola SPICE Key in Latin America and Motorola FIRE in Europe.
Key Features and Specifications:
- Motorola XT316 runs on Android 2.2 (upgradeable to Android 2.3, Gingerbread in Fall); Motorola SPICE Key and Motorola FIRE run on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)
- Access to thousands of apps
- Dual-band HSDPA/Quad-band EDGE
- 2.8” QVGA touchscreen display
- Full QWERTY keyboard
- 3MP camera
- Moto Switch UI allows users to switch from different modes
- MicroSD card slot up to 32GB
- *Access to Google Maps Navigation™, Google Talk™, and web browsing
- FM Radio with RDS support
- Wi-Fi b/g/n
- E-compass, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor, accelerometer
- LED notifications
- 3.5mm audio jack
- 1420mAh battery; eight hours of talk time or 30 days of standby in 3G mode
The Motorola Fire will hit the retail stores in Germany sometime in September. The handset will cost 189 euro, inclusive of taxes and excluding any contract.
|< Prev||Next >|